Words From the Wise

We all write songs about life, we just sing 'em different.
- Listener

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Harden

People say I never get angry
I'm not all hearts and flowers
But a rose-colored view of life
That I will lay claim to. 

But don't be fooled by that attitude
Don't assume it's because I'm naive 
I have scraped my way toward rosy
By breaking myself into shards along the way

It is more my seeing again and again 
What the darkness inside me is
More than fully capable of
Where those leathery wings want me to go
What she whispers in my heart
How wonderfully she twists me

So I choose rose
I chose to give control of myself over to another
I choose to listen to a voice inside
That is tiny and scared
Tiny and hidden almost completely 
Tiny and fierce

My hearts
My flowers
My colors full of rose
These things I chose 

If I don't you would only see  what is dark
You would only hear the lies she can tell
You would only know 
Truth

No comments:

Post a Comment